Everyone is talking about benefits of green tea. What about black tea? Did you know that black tea can reduce mimic wrinkles and prevent pimples?
- Some recent health studies have shown that black tea protects us from getting cancer due to a high content of polyphenols – natural antioxidants that neutralize free radicals and promote longevity.
- Tannins give tea its dark hue and its antioxidant properties. They are also contained in wine, grape juice and apple juice. Tannins can protect us from harmful impact of the environment, they improve blood circulation in the brain and fight bacteria in our body.
Tea is often used in homemade beauty recipes. Here are some great ways you can use it in your daily beauty routines.
Soothing face compress for oily skin
If you have oily skin, you can use black tea to tighten pores, freshen up your skin and give your face a natural, radiant glow.
- Take 1 teaspoon of black tea, put it into a mug and add hot water.
- Steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea using a strainer.
- Immerse a soft face cloth (or a muslin cloth) into the tea, squeeze out the cloth and compress onto your face for 20 minutes.
- Afterwards rinse your face with lukewarm water and apply moisturizer.
If you do this face compress every 3-4 days, you will notice that your pores are less open and the skin got tighter.
Fighting those mimic wrinkles
You can freeze some freshly made tea and use ice cubes to tone your skin every morning and evening. Just pass an ice cube over your face and neck till it melts completely. Iced tea moisturizes your skin, it is very refreshing and makes your face look smoother.
Taking a tea bath
Take 4 tablespoons of black tea and pour 1 liter of boiling water over it.
Let steep for 20 minutes, then strain the tea and pour the infusion into the bathtub.